Sunday, January 29, 2006

Success???

What is the factor that determines a person successful? This is a question that has always intrigued me? And I guess it has always been a million dollar question for me. Do I need to chase success? What is it that one needs to do to be successful?

Now this is also relative. Some might think have a wonderful family as successful, some might relate to money for success and some for his position in the society. Is there no common denominator that determines success? If so what is the denominator?

4 comments:

monty said...

I think people measure success by there own standards.

For example - someone may want to climb a mountain in the UK, another may want to climb one twice as high.

The person climbing the first ladder is successful because they achieved what they set out to do.

In my mind success denomiator is measured by the limit you put on a situation - for some thats low and easy to achieve, for others its a long and tiring achievement.

Craig Deal said...

Yeah I think your right Monty.

I work with kids of all different ability’s, the only way to measure their success is to realise that everyone is different, it’s about them setting achievable goals and reaching them

Balaji said...

Thanks a lot for your insightful comments. I will ponder over your observations and probably blog on it later. Thanks again.

Dino said...

Hardwork is the denominator

HARDWORK => SuCCesS => money

Every aspect this works fine
:-)