Saturday, July 08, 2006

Rooney gets a 2 game ban

Was this stomping intentional or purely by chance. This will be talked over and over again with obviously no answer for the same. One thing is for sure England is out of world cup and Rooney has been awarded a 2 game ban for this.



Read the BBC Report

I really deplore the way the English press puts in their headlines, to convey a very negative image when they want to do so....

Headline in The Independent (a paper which I generally admire) says 'Final reward for referee who sent off Rooney'.

Just imagine if I am an English fan (which I am) reading this news, we are going to blame the ref. for showing red to Rooney (which i feel he deserved, not for stomping at carvalho's privates but also for pushing Ronaldo, that is 2 yellow card offences in the rule book) thinking How can he be there.....

Anyways, Read the story here

I personally hate the way the news is pitched.

No comments: