Thursday, September 21, 2006

Do you contribute?

Today I was asked this question whether We Indians in general contribute money towards charity (or) Do we only save money for the family.

Now this is an interesting question for me. I do contribute towards some select Orphanages. Project Why being one of them. I do think we all should contribute towards some noble work be it Orphanages, old age homes, towards studies for poor children anything that will help someone else. And the satisfaction that such an act gives is enormous.

This is like an investment for your happiness.

5 comments:

Hip Grandma said...

you are right.Nothing gives more satisfaction than giving something to a person who needs it most.I have always been contributing to worthy causes.These days I seriously think of contributing some 'time' to those who have a need for companionship.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your thought.... You are correct. Charity only begins at home; means it has to grow and expand out of home.

Balaji said...

@grandma That is a great thing to do...Sometimes giving time and companionship is more important than many things....great work.

@Sreejith Yes we youngsters should make a commitment to ourselves to contribute time and money for various charitable causes knowing that you are not donating it to someone else rather, you are investing in your own happiness

Publia said...

It is good to see you helping get pulicity for one of your favorite causes. That is a way you can also help them.

Balaji said...

@publia...Thanks for your kind comments. I really want to urge my friends to dedicate some of their money and more importantly time for such noble causes...that is so very important.