Saturday, September 30, 2006

The hullaboo about UN's top post

There is a huge expectation in India to see Mr. Shashi Tharoor to be the next U.N General Sec. He is a close contender and is now second in the race.



Shashi Tharoor (Pic Courtesy : CNN IBN)

But you know what I am not really that bothered whether he becomes the next Gen Sec or not? I will be a bit happy in the fact that an Indian is making the mark in the world and becomes the Gen Sec. But If I am not going to make myself believe that it is going to do any big thing for the country. Because I am fairly confident that it is not going to be the case.

We know how Kofi Anan used to request, cajole, threaten the countries in UN to get something done and almost 99% of the times, the major countries take the decision and makes him the puppet. I can't see how this is going to change in future.

From my perspective, Best of luck Mr. Shashi Tharoor. Nothing more...nothing else.

No comments: