Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Independency Day

I wish every one all the very best during this joyous occasion of India's 60th Independence Day.

Also do read about the Banks run by Children, You don't believe me? --> Do read this

A night shelter set up by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi becomes a buzzing hive of commerce at 6 pm every day. The doors of Children's Development Bank -- India's only bank chain run by children -- are open for business.

By day, the premises serve as school that also serves midday meals to children. But as the day comes to close, the child-adults swagger in. These are rag-pickers and daily wagers engaged in menial labour -- washing utensils at weddings, for instance.


Continue Reading

I am immensely proud of these kids who have taken their destiny in their own hands...

Readers of my blog knows about Project Why, the NGO who I admire and support in the small possible way I can. If you do not know do click on the link and read more.

If you do like what you read, do Support and donate for the various activities done by them.

No comments: