Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Quote of the day

I am presently reading a book written by Lance Armstrong, the seven
time Tour De France champion, called "Every Second Counts". It is an
amazing book with some great insights on him. I will be featuring some
of his quotes from the book. I sure do hope Lance does not mind it. It
definitely is a must read and something to garner inspiration from.

"Mortal illness, like most personal catastophes, comes on suddenly.
There's no sense of foreboding, no premonition, you just wake up one
morning and something's wrong in your lungs, or your liver, or your
bones. But near-death cleared the decks, and what came after was a
bright, sparkling awareness
: time is limited, so I better wake up every morning fresh and know
that I have just one chance to live this particular day right, and to
string my days together into a life of action, and purpose.

If you want to know what keeps me on my bike, riding up and alp for
six hours in the rain, that is your answer."

No comments: