Thursday, May 19, 2011

Age for Netas

I have always been of the opinion that there should be age limit for our politicians just that there is age limit for employment. I believed that once a politician reaches a certain age [what ever that might be], he should retire. If required, play the role of an adviser for his party or ideology.

The opinion that I have maintained above has been challenged by a politician in my home state of Kerala,V S Achutanandan. At the age of 87, he still has energy in his walk and passion in his thoughts.

Am I wrong in saying that there should be age limit to be in Politics? What is your opinion?

2 comments:

Er. Abhijit Hemant Sane said...

The thought is good, but who would bell the cat ? The legislature it self drafts legislation, so it is unlikely that they would pass anything which goes against them

Balaji said...

I agree with you. It is really annoying to see some of our netas held by 3 people and holding major posts...