Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Million Dollar Homepage.

I got an interesting topic today. Before i start writing, i want to ask you one question? How many of you do not have the ambition of having huge amount of money in your bank account. million dollars to be precise. I am sure not many.

Before we start, visit the web page www.milliondollarhomepage.com

You will be wondering what is so special in this web page. Well surprise, surprise, it is special because of its innovativeness and also the one who created this website got his million dollars from this one page. Now you will be wondering how...Now comes the interesting part.

Before that let me introduce him. Who is he? Well his name is Alex Tew from England. A normal person. but i should say, someone with huge enterprenaurial skills. He wanted to have some money to do his university. He asked himself what should be his idea to become a millionare. What are the attributes for his perfect idea: simple, cheap, catchy. From his ambition came his idea. Open a one page website, divie it into a million pixels (or dots) and sell the space as advertising. He created the web page, started selling the idea to his friends, media, it became crazy idea that clicked. He even has auctioned a few remaining pixels on ebay and earned his dream :$1 million.

An interested idea to make a million. So the lession: Be brave and hopefully you will come up with the idea to earn your $1 million. Good Luck.

4 comments:

monty said...

He was either incredibly lucky or incredibly entrepenurial (if thats how you spell it).

I am from an acting background, and I reckon there are a lot of good actors who want to make it big. However much they try they never do. This doesn't mean they are poor actors, but they just haven't had a lucky break.

As hiren says, for every one that succeeds, five will fail. I personally reckon its more than that but this in my mind is more about luck.

In answering your question. I think there are many many people who desire to have a million in the bank, I think there are few that have ambition for it, and I think there are very much fewer that have the drive and sacrificial approach to obtain it.

Balaji said...

I agree with both of you. Luck do play a very major part in one's success. But not having the drive will never take anyone anywhere. Thanks for correcting my spelling.(i am never good at it :-) ).

Balaji said...

Well i did not see anything in the page webadmin, Thanks anyways.

Craig Deal said...

I remember when I first heard about this and thought it wouldn't work.......doh!!!!!