Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Journey to Ascot

I had one of my most interesting experiences of staying in England when I was invited by Boss (Colin Tovell – Shane’s dad) for a trip to Ascot to watch the Royal Ascot. I had heard before that this is one of the most prestigious English events and is essentially English. I have to admit, I really had a great time out there in Ascot.

For the uninitiated who do not know what Royal Ascot is….please read about it here. It is one of those horse racing events where everyone come dressed in their best attire, if you don’t wear a tie and a nice shirt to accompany it, you are not allowed inside. In fact wearing a coat for the event is considered the best thing to do. The ladies wear very pretty dresses with a flowery hat to go along with it. And if you are really luck you can see the Queen and other celebrities.

In one sense it is a huge gambling event where in millions of pounds are punted…so may lose, some win….I was amazed to see so many bookmakers lined up taking up bets on various races. I guess if you are not really careful, you can easily get sucked into it.

This one is a new stadium and it really looks really nice and it gives you thrill to see the multitude of horses thudding by your side. In fact there were 28 horses in one of the races for the day.

There were 6 races scheduled on the day in which I had gone to Ascot. There were quite a few of us who made the trip to Ascot in a really cool bus. Loads of Beer for drinkers and soft drinks for others. Champagne, wine etc etc. Once we reached Ascot, we also had great food. I had a really good time on a great occasion with wonderful company.

I can definitely add the journey to Ascot to my bragging list. I may not take the effort to go to Royal Ascot again. But the memories of this journey will be there with me forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! 1997 chevrolet bleed brakes Pictures of 2004 motorola v600 cellphone Free small titties sex ethanol chevrolet Ebony bondage