Friday, September 22, 2006

Phobias

Some days back I was told by a friend of mine that he has a fear of chickens and there is a word for it called "Alektorophobia".

I wondered if I could find out the list of all phobias and as usual checked out google. And bingo I found it...

Here is the complete list for anyone who is interested

Did you know that there are people who has fear of long words :)

And the word is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia...that is definitely scary.

I have to admit I have a hear of heights. What is your phobia....do let me know in the comments section.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not keen on heights too!

Balaji said...

Helsalata,

I know how difficult that can be...scares me when I am standing on top of something and I dare not look down.

Publia said...

I am afraid of driving over bridges, and I don't like roads in the mountains, either, when you look down and all you see is down, down, down. Give me that nice flat land!

Balaji said...

:)

Anonymous said...

I am afraid of standing close to parapets. I think you can call it Climacophobia!

By the way, here is another list of phobias! Phobialist

Balaji said...

Interesting...I was never aware that there were so many phobias...